Flower Angels USA is a Massachusetts 501 (c) (3) charity that repurposes donated flowers from local markets and wedding venues into beautiful small bouquets. These bouquets are delivered to the residents of 28 Hospice and Nursing Homes across Cape Cod, MA who deserve love and kindness. Many of these wonderful people rarely have visitors. " Delivering Random Acts of Love...Recycling Flowers.....Warming Hearts" is our mission.
Flower Angels USA was started by Suzanne Carter, a 5th generation Cape Codder whose mother was a patient at the Provincetown Seashore Point Nursing Home. Suzanne would visit her mother and see the many, many residents who rarely, if ever received visitors. Suzanne used to bring candy with her on her visits to her Mom and together they would visit the other patients and give out candy. When her Mom passed away, Suzanne decided she would take a portion of her inheritance and start Flower Angels - delivering flowers instead of candy - to the lonely and forgotten residents of Cape Cod Nursing Homes. Flower Angels was born March 2014 and has delivered 11, 218 bouquets to date!
1. Flower Angels has delivered 11,218 bouquets to date to Nursing Home and Hospice patients all over Cape Cod!
2. Flower Angels has over 50 volunteers who create our beautiful bouquets, pick up and deliver flowers, and fundraise to make our mission possible.
3. Flower Angels also partners with 35 differently-abled adults from CapeAbilities and Community Connections organizations on Cape Cod who work in the workshop and deliver bouquets to the sick and lonely.
4. Flower Angels raised enough money from local businesses to purchase a delivery van in August 2015, which has made the delivery task so much easier.
1. Flower Angels has outgrown their present space in the West Dennis Community Church. We are seeking a new home for our workshop - approx. 1500sft, handicap accessible and a Mid-Cape location at an affordable rent, by Jan. 1, 2016.We hope to have some retail space at this location to possibly have a store to support our mission.
2. Flowers Angels is seeking more corporate and Individual "Angel Donors" to cover rent and expenses. Flower Angels is also seeking Grants to help in the expense of delivering love and kindness!
3. Once Flower Angels is settled in their new location, we would like to open a second location on Cape Cod to service the Falmouth area. Also, we have had so many inquiries about individuals wanting to open other locations across the country.
1. Flower Angels needs a new workshop location by Jan. 1, 2016. We have outgrown our present space.
2. Flower Angels needs donors and Grants to support our mission. Approximately $50,000-65,000 is needed to cover rent, workshop expenses, insurance, gas, and our small payroll consisting of our Workshop Manager (15 hours per week), 3 differently-abled adults who work and clean our work shop (12 hours per week)- approximately $350 per week. Monies would also go to further outreach, and possible increased payroll for admin and fundraising individuals.
3. Further funding is needed to increase our mission to cover all of Cape Cod including the Falmouth area. Flower Angels receives so many more requests from Cape Cod facilities that would like to be the recipients of their beautiful bouquets and acts of kindness.
Flower Angels USA is a non profit charitable organization dedicated to uplifting spirits. Volunteers collect donated flowers from the community-weddings, special events and grocery stores-to recycle and re-purpose into beautiful bouquets that are cheerfully
delivered to patients in nursing homes, hospitals and hospice centers who are alone and in need of a little cheer. Nurses and caregivers decide who would most benefit from this random act of love.
FA strives to be a 100% recycling “green” charity. We recycle and “up-cycle” flowers,vases, ribbons,wire, baskets, buckets, etc. Our discarded flowers, stems and leaves are composted.
Board Chair Statement
I have run successful businesses on the Cape for decades. I was happily retired and not looking for a "next chapter" but sometimes the next chapter in your life finds you. While traveling in Florida, I volunteered with my friend Karen for a wonderful group that was taking flowers that would otherwise be thrown away, remaking them into beautiful bouquets, and delivering them to patients in hospitals. I saw how a visit from someone delivering a beautiful bouquet could make such a difference.
Having spent time visiting my Mom in a nursing home, I met many lonely people. With a small inheritance from her, I created Flower Angels. We are blessed with many volunteers and organizations who are delighted to help. We are proud to say we have delivered thousands of smiles.